+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My quartz spot in Gwinnett county, GA

Moderator One of the regulars! Jason's Avatar

Here is a large one

Here is different large one

Top view of same large one

Another large one with 2 main crystals. The right crystal has part of the top sheared off

Another large one
    These gems have life in them: their colors speak, say what words fail of. ~George Eliot

Different view

Some of the gemmy ones..got a small tupperware full of these

Here is the ones in the picture on a metal shelf for size comparison
    These gems have life in them: their colors speak, say what words fail of. ~George Eliot

neophyte Neophyte
    Wow Jason. Those are pretty big. We have lots of quartz out here but everything is relatively small. The largest crystals I have heard of from reputable sources are about the size of half your pinky finger. I have heard a tall tale about a giant quartz crystal being dug out of a mine north of Eugene Oregon that is supposedly 18" long and about 12" across, still attached and they are trying to get it out without breaking it, but I honestly don't believe it...Enjoy those easy pickens!

I went by there this week and spent an hour walking around picking up crystals. I found the spot on the hill side and found a few nice pieces. I'm sure there were plenty more but I didn't take anything to poke around with. Thanks for posting this location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gwinnett Quartz1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	348Click image for larger version

Name:	Gwinnett Quartz2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	347Click image for larger version

Name:	Gwinnett Quartz3.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	346

Johnny come lately
    Hey Jason,

I just came accross your Gwinnett videos. I've been collecting rocks and arrow heads since I was a kid.
    I also have a quartz spot in Gwinnett that is very similar to yours. I discovered it 6 years ago in a new development in Dacula.
    I'd like to check your spot out. Where is it located? If you are ever out this way I would like to show you my location.
    My crystals aren't as big as the ones you're finding but they are the same type - Milky Skeletal Quartz Crystal Clusters.

I hope to here from ya.

Later,
    Kelly Mullenix

Click image for larger version

Name:	QC.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	708Click image for larger version

Name:	QC3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	710
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	QC2.jpg‎
Views:	69
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	709  

Moderator One of the regulars! Rodney's Avatar
    Hey, those are pretty neat crystals. I'll make sure that Jason sees this post sooner instead of later!
    Book a trip to dig for Amethyst crystals at the following website: DIGFORCRYSTALS

Hey Kelly, those look real cool. Just like ours. I will be headed out to dig tomorrow at my spot...PM me on here if you want and maybe we can meet up and dig my spot then try out your spot at another time. Thanks for posting the pics!

Johnny come lately
    My friend and I have been collecting in Georgia for a few years and are always looking for new places close to dig. We went to diamond hill last weekend but that is a long drive. Any chance you can tell me where this is in Gwinnett county? Any other clues you can give me of places to hunt would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread